GazeTalk is a predictive text-entry system for severely disabled people that has a restricted on-screen keyboard with ambiguous layout. The main reason for using such a keyboard layout is that it enables the use of an eye tracker with a low spatial resolution (e.g., a web-camera based eye tracker).
The goal of the GazeTalk project is to develop an eye-tracking based AAC system that supports several languages, facilitates fast text entry, and is both sufficiently feature-complete to be deployed as the primary AAC tool for users, yet sufficiently flexible and technically advanced to be used for research purposes. The system is designed for several target languages, initially Danish, English, Italian, German and Japanese.
- web browser
- Multimedia player
- PDF reader
- letter and word prediction, and word completion
- speech output
- can be operated by gaze, headtracking, mouse, joystick, or any other pointing device
- supports step-scanning (new!)
- supports users with low precision in their movements, or trackers with low accuracy
- allows the user to use Dasher inside GazeTalk and to transfer the text written in Dasher back to GazeTalk
Read more about Gazetalk
- Dr John Paulin Hansen (IT University of Copenhagen) interviewed by Howell Istance (De Montfort University), with end-users demonstrating how GazeTalk works: Video GazeTalk English
- Watch the video "Introduction to GazeTalk and its features" (same as above!) in Windows Media File (wmv) format (7.5 MB).
- Watch a YouTube video on Interaction for People with ALS/MND
- Watch another YouTube video on a Talk Given with the Eyes Only by Arne Lykke Larsen
- Watch a YouTube video on ALS-Communication and GazeTalk, where the developer, Dr. John Paulin Hansen explains how GazeTalk works (in Danish, subtitles in English). The video includes short clips of using GazeTalk and a brief interview of John Paulin Hansen. The video was produced by , intiative: Birger Bergmann Jeppesen (bigerbj (at) webspeed (dot) dk), for more information, see )
PLEASE NOTICE: You need to have a recent version of Adobe PDF reader installed in your computer in order to run Gazetalk. This can be downloaded from: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/ Please read the information about Gazetalk carefully before you download Gazetalk.
Please send us details to download Gazetalk:
Your name (Required):
Email address (Required):
Do you have a disability relevant to gaze interaction?
Where did you hear about COGAIN?
Would you like to receive news on services and updates of the system by e-mail?
May we contact you by mail in case we would like to know your opinion about our systems?
Select the version to download
- GazeTalk v.5.2.2 in English (23 MB): File:GazeTalk5 2 2 En.msi
- GazeTalk v.5.2.2 in Danish (13 MB): File:GazeTalk5 2 2 Da.msi
- GazeTalk v.5.2.2 in Italian (16 MB): File:GazeTalk5 2 2 It.msi
- GazeTalk v.5.2.2 in German (15 MB): File:GazeTalk5 2 2 De.msi
- GazeTalk v.5.2.2 in Spanish (3 MB): File:GazeTalk5 2 2 ES.msi
- GazeTalk v.5.2.2 full (all languages, 60 MB): File:GazeTalk5 2 2 Full.msi
Other versions of this page
Japanese version of this page: 日本語バージョン
Chinese version: 中文版说明